Works by David Fawcett can be obtained from several publishers – Oxford University Press, Chromata Music, Chichester Music Press, and in the Accessible Choral Library from Tim Knight Music. International customers can now inspect and purchase certain works (printed or download options) through the US distributor, Swirly Music.
Follow the links below to find out more, listen to recordings and order copies, or use the dropdown menu under ‘Compositions’ on the bar above.
- the sacred cantata, Rosa mystica, for Soprano solo, children’s voices (or unison semichorus), mixed choir, chamber ensemble and piano.
- the partsong for 8-part choir, A garden inclosed is my spouse, which in July 2015 was chosen as the winning entry in a prestigious composition competition run by The Cantus Ensemble
- the partsong for SATB choir (with divisi), Two short hours with you
- the increasingly-popular Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in G for SATB and organ, which has already been performed in several cathedrals in the UK, USA and Canada, and in other churches around the world
- a simpler setting of the Evensong canticles, the SATB/unison Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in F (replacing the earlier unison-only version in E flat)
- the Mass of Reflection, a setting of the Holy Eucharist liturgy (with versions for Common Worship and BCP 1979) for SATB choir and/or unison voices
Anthems and motets
- God be in my head, set flexibly for SATB, SA&Men, or two-part/unison voices & organ/piano
- the motet Ave Maria, for SATB divisi and organ
- the Communion motets, Panis angelicus and Ave verum corpus, each for unaccompanied SATB
- a set of Three Anthems for SATB divisi and organ: Ponder my words, O Lord; My beloved spake; and Rise heart, thy Lord is risen
- The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, an anthem for SATB choir and organ
- the SA(T)B & organ anthem, The Fellowship of the Holy Spirit
- the flexible unison/2-part/SA(T)B anthem, Captains of the Saintly Band
- the unison devotional song, The Water of Life.
- an acappella setting for SA Men of Binyon’s famous words for Remembrance: They shall grow not old
Carols for Advent and Christmas
- When Love came to the world, a carol for SATB choir, Tenor (or Soprano) solo and piano.
- the best-selling carol/motet, Hymn to the Virgin – available in versions for SATB a cappella and SA & organ
- a set of Three Marian Carols for acappella SATB divisi: The Angel Gabriel, Hail Blessed Virgin Mary and Sweet was the song the Virgin sang (with Sop solo)
- the acappella SATB carol/motet, I sing of a maiden
- Bethlehem, of noblest cities, a carol for SAB and organ
Sign up to receive updates on David’s published works (via the box up there on the right), and use the form below to make any enquiry or to order the Chromata Music sample pack or any individual pieces in the catalogue.